I read this article and shook my head in wonder. Things to note:
- Fictional spies are so much better at their jobs than real (alleged) ones.
- I deplore this new deal of spies committing some form of treason for hard cash. What has happened to idealism in this world we live in? Shouldn’t this guy be a Maoist?
- Real (alleged) spies are so disappointingly dumb. To wit, this, found by the FBI on a “communications device” possessed by this (alleged) spy: “Your object is to gain information, and my object is to be paid for.”
- Re above: what ever happened to elaborate codes and drop protocols and stuff? Ref: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
- Kudus to–prepare to be shocked–Customs and Border Protection! Who noticed the over $16,000 in undeclared cash in this dopey (alleged) spy’s luggage. THIS is what CBP should be doing instead of stopping immigrants from entering the country.