I love popcorn but I don’t have a microwave. And the last time (a week or so ago) I tried to make popcorn in a pot, the corn didn’t pop, even though I stood above the pot shaking it like mad and exhorting it, “Pop! Pop!,” and the pot burned.
So today I was pretty thrilled to find some regular old popcorn at D’Agostino’s, under the brand name Foodtown.
I just read the instructions. Here’s what they say (my emphasis):
- Use large heavy pan with tight fitting lid.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil in pan (enough to cover bottom).
- Heat oil, pour in 1/2 cup popcorn.
- Cover. Shake or stir until all corn is popped.
- Season to tase with melted butter and salt.
Should make about 2 quarts popped corn.
(And some really freaked out neighbors.)