I offer you this, via Juan Gonzalez at the Daily News, just to:
- Cheer us up about at least one branch of the justice system.
- Point up the excellent work of some journalists, who pay attention to things that matter.
- Emphasize one absurd and scary case of foreclosure (it could happen to any of us).
- Praise a really good judge.
- Do a dump on banking practices — although I realize it’s sort of de trop.
- Sneeze in the face of “tort reformers.” (Q. So why doesn’t some bank fraudulently foreclose on one of them?)